Ashley & James
St. Mark's Lighthouse
A lot of my clients haven't had professional photos.
Ashley and James were in the same boat, however, you would have never known it. They have such a chemistry that made my job so easy. The session brought so many smiles and laughter.
I'm so excited for their wedding!
Their love is truly amazing and it shows in the photos.
Engagement Photographer: Trickey Photography
Tiffany and Tyler
Tiffany and Tyler are a match made in heaven, or well, on the hunting fields near Perry. These lucky shots found each other when hunting for something else. Who knew they were both going to big home the big one on that trip?
Watching them on our engagement session I knew their wedding was going to be one in a million, and boy, was I right. It was an amazing day with the best weather at the most outstanding venue. Travis and I really enjoyed working that day!
Shilohs Farm is so unique! It offers a bridal cottage, large oaks for just the right amount of shade, rolling fields of green, an adorable white chapel which is attached to the most rustic-chic barn I have ever come across. There is so much love and life on that land.
Wedding Photographer: Trickey Photography @trickeyphotos
Venue: Shiloh’s Farm @shilohfarmevents
Make Up: Lisa Davis @imagebylisa
Hair: Kristine Dobosenski @tallybeautygirl
Caterer: Red Hills Catering @redhillscaters
Florist: Mrs. Dent, Shiloh’s Farm
Dress: Vocelles @vocellesbridal
Cake: Pink Box Bakery
DJ: Amplify Entertainment @amplifydjs
This family is the definition of fun and positivity! They were so much fun to work with. I mean, how cute are these little ones?!
The Japanese Magnolias set the perfect backdrop for this sweet family!
Venue: Maclay Gardens
Family Photographer: Trickey Photography
Brandon & Victoria
Brandon and Victoria have been together for a lifetime, you can see how much they love each other by the way they look at one another. The couple celebrated wedding planning by getting their engagement photos done in beautiful Maclay Gardens with the Japanese Magnolia trees in bloom. We are so excited to shoot their wedding in June!
Engagement Photographer: Trickey Photography
Tips for Summer Photo Shoots
Get ready to make memories with Trickey Photography!
With summer coming up it opens the door for some gorgeous backdrops, perfect for family moments, romantic summer weddings, and exciting beach getaways! Here are some tips on how to prepare for summer fun.
1. Dress for the heat! While summer in the South is known for its brutal heat, it does allow for breaking out sundresses, flowy bohemian styles, and sweet skirt outfits. To match the feeling of summer and the flower-y backdrop wear white and bright colors to highlight your surroundings. To bring out the best of summer (and beat the heat) bring an umbrella. It adds a romantic flare to any photo while staying cool.
2. Prepare for the landscape. Outdoor shoots in the park are a lot of fun but need everything from sunscreen and bug spray to backup deodorant to beat the heat and the bugs!
3. Hydrate as much as possible! Remember to start drinking water the day before for ideal hydration. Bring one or two water bottles per person and make sure to drink your water while walking to the next spot or take hydration breaks between shots!
4. Prevent your makeup from running! The summer heat can cause your makeup to run, using a good setting spray can prevent your makeup from sweating off your face.
5. Go on an adventure! Take a trip to one of the gorgeous beaches around Florida and cool off in the gorgeous crystal clear waters of St. George Island or even Alligator Point!
6. Shoot for golden hour but don’t forget that summer lighting can bring some gorgeous sunsets! If you’re taking photos at night you can get some magical shots of your kids chasing after lightning bugs or some lovely silhouettes of you and your sweetheart. The possibilities are endless!
7. For summer weddings try using sparklers! Not only do they make for magical photos but they also highlight the beauty of summer while delighting your guests.
8. Enjoy your surroundings. Spray on that bug spray and (safely) tromp through the grass, sometimes going off the beaten path can make for the best photos!
9. Bring bubbles for the kids, or adults! Bubbles are truly the essence of summer, they cause smiles and are perfect for getting that happy, giggly candid shot!
10. Remember to enjoy the moment, summer is the time for watermelon and fireworks! Capturing these special moments will bring smiles and laughs for years after.